01 October 2013

Holly Jolly No Paper

It is the beginning of October and Christmas will soon be here, so if you have not started your Christmas cards come and join us this week at Holly Jolly. Plus we are having a Design Team Call.

 

This week Paige has set a challenge to put aside all your Designer Paper and go back to basics.

 

It is funny but when you cannot use something this week it was the first thing I went looking for but in the end I created the following card using a retired SU stamp set called Peaceful Wishes.  The border in Daffodil Delight is from the Mosaic Madness stamp set.

 

Here is my card:

 

P1010643_edited-1

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Peaceful Wishes,  Mosaic Madness
Card: Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Real Red. Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  Real Red Marker, Basic Rhinestones, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

The layout for my card was inspired by the Clean and Simple Sketch #260 I have rotated the sketch and added a little bit more but I love their sketches.

 

Here is the sketch from the challenge:

 

 

 

I like the CAS layout of the card and the pop of yellow, which I would not normally have done with these traditional Christmas colours but it seems to work well.

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;

 

Clean and Simple Challenge - #260 Sketch

Challenges 4 Everybody – #30 Anything Goes

Christmas Card Challenge - #44 Anything Goes

2 Sisters Challenge - #163 Anything Goes

Bloggers Challenge – Bling It On

Sister Act Card Challenge – # 26 Anything Goes

Addicted to Stamps Challenge – # 64 CAS

Lady Anne’s Challenge - #11 Anything Goes

 

Maybe I will see you over at Holly Jolly this week but as always thank you for visiting…. Meg

8 comments:

La Papera Gialla said...

Lovely card! I love it!!
Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!
Monica - CCC DT

Pia S said...

This is lovely, Meighan. The design of your card works so well with this sentiment, it really has a peaceful air about it.

Elizabeth Hart said...

A very pretty and elegant Christmas Card! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Lady Anne Stamp Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)
Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge

Kylie said...

This is a very classy CAS Christmas card, Meighan. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

chera said...

Very pretty card!!!

Heather said...

This is really pretty. I'm glad I got a chance to see it. We're still travelling, but I have wifi for a bit today, so I'm trying to get caught up on some DT work. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Karen (karey2005) said...

So pretty! Thank you for joining Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N, CCC-DT

Laserwrite Promotions said...

Your cards awesome
Cant believe that Christmas is around the corner again

Post a Comment