19 August 2012

Feeling Sketch?

 

It’s Sunday and the weekend is over!  Mine has been busy like normal :)

 

Plus I have had a stall at the Western Sydney Indoor Markets today, meeting new people and sharing catalogues, ideas and just having fun.

 

But now on to the challenge at Come and Get It this week – it is a Sketch Challenge which has been set by Shell.

 

I have been thinking and changing my mind on what I would create for the sketch but in the end I decided to use the Circle Scissor Plus and cut a piece of the Cheerful Treat DSP.

 

I layered this on to an piece of Whisper White embossed cardstock.  I then punched out some Melon Mambo flowers using the Boho Blossoms punch and added them to the card using dimensionals.  The leaves have been created using the Bird Builder Punch (Owl Builder Punch) and cut down to fit behind the flowers.

 

I could not forget the ‘bling’ to the centre of the flowers and the sentiment is from the Field Flowers set.  I have used the Decorative Label punch to cut the sentiment out and it has been added to the card with dimensionals.

 

Here is my card….(image is replaced as I added an extra flower)

 

P1000668_edited-1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Field Flower

Card: Night of Navy, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo

Accessories:  Boho Blossom Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Bird Builder Punch Owl Builder Punch, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Circle Scissor Plus & Glass Mat, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here is the sketch:

 

image

 

 

At first I was not sure of the finished product but it is growing on me.

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 

Crafty Mess Challenge – # 15 Words no Image

Delightful Sketches Challenge – Punches and Dies

Creative Craft Challenges – Just Sentiment

Craft Punked Challenges – # 33 Flower Power

 

 

Have a wonderful week…. Meg

11 comments:

Pia S said...

It's a great sketch and you've made such a lovely card based on it. The embossed paper looks gorgeous together with the design paper you've chosen for this card, and those punched flowers just finish it all off.

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you for entering our current 'words only' theme on the craftymess challenge blog.
What a gorgeous card. The blue and white looks beautiful together and then with that splash of pink wow amazing! I hope you did well with your stall :-)
Hope to see you entering more of our challenges in the future.
Hugs Lisa xxx

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great card Meighan. Love what you did with the sketch. Oh the leaves are from the bird builder punch, not the owl. LOL. Too many punches to remember.
Cindy

Paula said...

This is beautiful, the embossing looks fabulous and your sentiment is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining Craft Punked this week, Paula :))

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, very pretty, thanks for joining us at Craftmess.

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card. I love the colour combination. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
Hugs
Bev x

* Shell B.* said...

Fabulous card Meighan, tho I think it needs one more flower......love the soft colors with the bold colors of the flowers!

Shell~Alaska♥

Anonymous said...

I really like the sketch this week. It
lends itself to making great cards. I like the colour combo of your card.

TRACEY MO said...

A vey stylist card great use of thre sketch.

Thanks for joining us at craftymess
Tracey dt

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a pretty card and I love the sentiment too! Thanks for sharing at Delightful hugs Susan x

s4rah said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week!

Post a Comment