02 March 2012

Perfect Words

Hi everyone,

 

Just wanted to share a card I recently created with the lovely Paisley Petals DSP.  I really like the bold, bright print on the DSP and there are so many wonderful colours in this DSP.

 

The colours for my card have been inspired by the colours in the DSP and I have used Not Quite Navy for the base of the card.

 

A strip of Early Espresso which I have twisted and folded on itself and then I sanded the cardstock to give it a a little bit of a distressed look.

 

The lovely butterflies have been die cut in River Rock and Bravo Burgundy using the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die.

 IMG_1999_edited-1

 

 

 

 

 

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Perfect Words

Card: Not  Quite Navy, Early Espresso, River Rock, Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Ink: Not Quite Navy

Accessories:  Modern Label Punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Blossom Party Dies, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, Designer Sanding Blocks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have also used the Blossom Party Die to create the flower and the sentiment is from the Perfect Words Hostess stamp set.

 

Of course there is always bling – it has to be my most used embellishment.

 

 

I would like to enter this card at the following challenges:

 

Sketch Frenzy Friday – SFF021712 Sketch Challenge

DYSU – #61 Things with Wings

Flutter By Wednesday - #192 Open Challenge

Cute Card Thursday - #206 Signs of Spring Challenge

2 Sisters Challenge Blog – # 80 Anything Goes

Always Crafting - Anything goes

Our Creative Corner – Over the Edge

Fairy Tale Challenge Blog – # 35 Spring

 

 

Have a wonderful Friday and thanks for visiting…… Meg

6 comments:

Denise said...

So pretty - love that gorgeous image.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Bianca said...

That´s really so very springlike! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Lovely card! I love all the different floral elements and colors. Thank you so much for joining in at Our Creative Corner this week!

Tui Nathan said...

What a wonderful card ... the flowers are fantastic and the butterflies super cute!
Thanks for joining us at Our creative Corner!!!

Digi Darla said...

This is a cute and interesting card. I love how you pair the colors. :-)
Come join me at my challenge blog and win a freebie.
http://digidarlas.blogspot.com

Anne Marie Hile said...

Very pretty, Meighan! I really like the layered flower and butterflies paired with the soft colors in the patterned paper. Just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner! :)

Post a Comment