20 February 2012

Dad’s Birthday

We have had another really hot day 27 degrees plus with lots of humidity. The cool rain is now falling and you can hear the distant thunder.

 

I am sure there will be another crazy storm tonight – it is almost like we are in the tropics!

 

Today has been my Dad’s birthday and I made two cards for him.  One from Charlize (my daughter) and I and the other for Mum to give him.

 

So I thought I would share the cards with you.

 

I have used the retired Motorcycle stamp as my Dad loves his Motor Bike and when I saw this stamp I immediately thought of him.

 

The first card is a classic Black and White combination with a touch of Real Red – red makes you go faster, didn’t you know :)

 

 

IMG_1960_edited-1

 

 

 

 

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Motorcycle, Happiest Birthday Wishes

Card: Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Stazon, Basic Black

Accessories:  1/4” (6.4 mm) Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon,  Basic Rhinestones, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My second card uses Basic Black and Very Vanilla and I have used the a sample  from the lovely Mocha Morning Speciality Paper.  On this paper the flowers and swirls have black flocking which looks great and feels so soft.

 

I stamped the ‘just for you’ in Soft Suede and the sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Sentiments set. 

 

 

IMG_1964_edited-1

Supplies:

Stamp set: Motorcycle, Teeny Tiny Sentiments

Card: Basic Black, Very Vanilla
Ink: Stazon, Soft Suede

Accessories:  Mocha Morning Speciality DSP, Corner Punch, Retired Frame, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dad loved both cards and he has had a great day. 

 

He went with Mum and had coffee this morning, spent time with his sisters for lunch and then after dinner we had chocolate cake - because you are never to old for birthday cake and candles!

 

Take care and have fun creating ! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment